Ready In: 40 mins
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 spring onions, the white and green parts separated
- 140g salted pork belly, sliced
- 700g daikon radish, cut into small pieces
- 3½ cups chicken stock
- 2 small bundles of vermicelli (approximately 75 grams)
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Cook the garlic, the white parts of the scallion, and the salted pork belly for a couple of minutes until the pork fat turns transparent. Now add the daikon, and stir to combine. Add the stock, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes over medium heat until the daikon is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, rinse the vermicelli and soak in cold water for five minutes. After five minutes, drain and set aside.
- After the 15 minutes of simmering, add the sesame oil, white pepper, and salt to taste.
- Add the vermicelli on top of the daikon, cover, and simmer for another three minutes. Uncover and add in the green parts of the spring onions. Stir to combine and serve.