Ready In: 30 mins
- 1 pound daikon radish (about 450 g)
- 1 slice ginger
- 1 cup water or stock (235 ml)
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce (16 g)
- ½ teaspoon salt (about 2 g, or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon sugar (about 1 g)
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 spring onion (chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- Cut the daikon into half-inch thick, bite-sized pieces.
- In a pot, add ginger, water or stock, oyster sauce, salt, sugar, pepper, and stir to combine. Add the daikon.
Cover and bring everything to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 20 minutes until the daikon is folk tender, stirring occasionally.
- Right before serving, add in the spring onion, and a few drops of sesame oil. Mix well and serve.