Ready In: 20 mins
• 2 bunches of watercress
• ¼ cup white vinegar
• 2 tbsp of fish sauce
• 1 tbsp of sugar
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 3 chopped garlic cloves
• 500g of shaved beef steak
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp of black pepper
• ½ white onion, sliced
• 1 boiled egg, sliced
• Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- Thoroughly wash, dry watercress and arrange on a large plate or platter.
- Combine vinegar, fish sauce, and sugar in a bowl. Stir to dissolve sugar and set sauce aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium high heat. Add chopped garlic.
- Add beef to skillet and season with salt and pepper. Stir-fry for a few minutes then add onion strips (1-2 minutes before beef reaches the desired doneness).
- Add to stir-fry the sauce, and gently toss the beef and onion. Stir-fry until onion has slightly softened and beef has reach desired doneness.
- Top bed of watercress with the stir-fried beef and onion. Drizzle the liquid from the stir-fry over the salad. Garnish with sliced egg and cherry tomatoes.