Ready In: 20 mins
• 2 bunches of watercress
• ¼ cup white vinegar
• 2 tbsp of fish sauce
• 1 tbsp of sugar
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 3 chopped garlic cloves
• 1 lb of shaved beef steak
• 1 tsp kosher salt
• 1 tsp of crushed black pepper
• ½ white onion, sliced
• 1 boiled egg, sliced
• Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Thoroughly wash, dry watercress and arrange on a large plate or platter.
2. Combine vinegar, fish sauce, and sugar in a bowl. Stir to dissolve sugar and set sauce aside.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil on medium high heat. Add chopped garlic.
4. Add beef to skillet and season with salt and pepper. Stir-fry for a few minutes then add onion strips (1-2 minutes before beef reaches the desired doneness).
5. Add to stir-fry the sauce, and gently toss the beef and onion. Stir-fry until onion has slightly softened and beef has reach desired doneness.
6. Top bed of watercress with the stir-fried beef and onion. Drizzle the liquid from the stir-fry over the salad. Garnish with sliced egg and cherry tomatoes.